31 Weeks

Since I did an update so late last time and things have been crazy (understatement) I decided to skip last week.

We’ve pretty much been staying home since we got back from camping with the exception of the grocery store and dropping the kids off at daycare. I’m working from home and trying to manage some type of homeschooling for the kids which has been interesting to say the least.

I had my 3 hours glucose screening last weekend and failed in spectacularly…so I’ve been monitoring my blood sugar levels since Tuesday. They’ve been really good so far. I take them 2 hours after I eat and it’s supposed to be under 120. Almost all of them are under 100. The only 2 that have been over (at 122) were when I had a whole tuna sandwich w/ chips and dinner last night when I grabbed an extra BBQ’d teriyaki chicken thigh because they were so good. Even then the number was only 3 points high so I didn’t stress about it too much. The first week or so is mostly getting to know what I can and can’t eat. So far it seems like it’ll be a lot like when I had it with my daughter and be fairly easy to manage. The hardest part is waiting 2 hours after a meal to have a snack LOL I’m a snacker by nature and this forces me to eat on a more regular schedule (not time wise, but frequency wise).

Other than all that my son came down with a fever on Monday evening. It was the 3rd time since Thanksgiving that he had a headache one day then came down with a fever the next. The last 2 times the fever lasted about 4-5 days so I had assumed that’s how our week was going to go, dealing with a feverish little boy. I wasn’t concerned about it being COVID as he had no other symptoms and he had this same thing happen before. Luckily for us he only had a fever Tuesday and was fine after that. I kept him home from daycare an extra day just to be safe. It made for a long week as I was still trying to work and since he was feeling better we also were doing a full homeschool schedule. The weather was great this week which helped, except that it made our allergies absolutely bonkers and I can barely go outside. It happens every year about this time, but makes for a miserable few weeks.

Weekly Update:

How far along: 31 weeks

How big is baby: size of a head of romaine lettuce, about 17 inches long

Symptoms: I’ve been feeling good as of late, minus the allergies. Heartburn if my stomach is empty and my lungs are feeling pretty squished…not sure where she’s going to go for the next 8 weeks

Movement: still super active…I was finally able to catch her on video a couple times and send it to her dads

Sleep: It was going pretty well until my allergies made a come back

Food cravings? Pizza, sweets, milk

Anything making you queasy or sick? not really, the heat maybe a little, but not bad

Next appointment: My last OB appt was a video appt and went well. We were able to go over the current hospital policy regarding people allowed during birth, which very well may change between now and June so I’m not worrying about it now. The OB office doesn’t have their on call schedule for June yet so we didn’t schedule the induction yet. My next appt is also a video appt on 4/30. My OB thinks they should have their schedule by then and we can see what days are an option.

I can’t figure out why the pictures aren’t uploading like they should, but I’ll keep trying!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s