Ultrasound Results

After a lot of back and forth the week of the 11th and some frustration with the clinic’s scheduling department, I ended up at the clinic Friday afternoon for an ultrasound.

It was with a doctor I had never met and I wasn’t sure he even knew why I was there. I don’t think he made eye contact with me once during the entire appointment. He barely spoke to me either, it was strange. He came in and said something like “let’s see how your lining looks”. I wasn’t there for a lining check, but I didn’t say anything since they check ovaries during lining checks and that’s what we needed. He measured my lining and it was around 7.5mm or something. I could tell by his comments that he thought I was there for a regular lining check. So I told him what was going on. That my estrogen had been high even after my cycle started and that they wanted to see if there were any cysts on my ovaries that could be causing the high levels. I explained that I hadn’t been on delestrogen yet and he said that was odd because my lining looked like I had been. He seemed confused by the cyst comment though. He kept saying that there were follicular cysts and one was 14+mm which would be creating estrogen, but he didn’t know what I meant by cysts on my ovaries. I didn’t press the issue further as I knew my actual doctor would review and get back to me. Without looking at me he said that they would get the results to me either that evening or the next day.

My husband had taken the kids to a nearby park while they waited so I let him know I was ready. He came and got me and we headed to my parents house where we were staying for the weekend. On the way there I got a phone call from the clinic coordinator that our doctor had reviewed everything and they wanted me to pick up a trigger shot the next day and take it. Then I would go in two weeks later for blood work. The trigger shot was to make me ovulate since there was a larger follicle presents. That should reset my cycle and we can start new. She said that the transfer would be pushed out 4-6 weeks, but that we were making up time by doing the trigger shot. I went to the pharmacy the next morning and did the injection in the parking lot πŸ˜†

We had a great holiday weekend and enjoyed spending time with family that we hadn’t see in awhile.

About 5 days ago I started spotting. It’s been going on since then which is very out of the ordinary for me, but since this cycle has been wacky I’m not worried about it. I have my blood work at the end of this week and we’ll go from there. I’m trying not to think about it much or plan ahead because I have no idea what will happen.

We have a trip to Mexico planned next Spring Break and I can’t be pregnant when we go due to contracts and zika. That means that the latest we can transfer is about June 14 as that would give me a due date at the beginning of March and we would leave a few weeks later. If it was just us going or just us and our parents, postponing it wouldn’t be a big deal. However, my brother and his wife and daughter plus our friends and their two kids are going. So now we’ve got multiple school aged kids that are going and we have to work around their school schedules. Spring Break is the only time everyone’s schedules line up so postponing isn’t really an option. I never thought to mention it before because I didn’t fathom months ago that it would take so long for another transfer. I also definitely didn’t anticipate the cycle itself going any different that it has the other 3 times. Now I feel awful that it may become an issue because my body won’t get with the program.

With all that is going on and not having any control over any of it I’ve been working really hard to try not to stress about it. I can’t do anything about any of it really except follow the doctors orders and hope that it works out. We don’t have to have the conversation about next March yet so I’m trying not to stress about it now. If it gets into June and we have to address it, we will do it then. There’s no use in worrying about it now.

That’s where we’re at right now. I’m pretty sure we need my cycle to start this week so we can start over. I’ve been hoping that with all the spotting that it would be on it’s way, but I have no idea anymore. One day at a time. Next update will probably be next week, hopefully with good news 🀞🏼🀞🏼

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s