I have been on basically the same meds for awhile now. Lupron, aspirin, and prenatals everyday, delestrogen Mondays and Fridays. My med schedule is about to get a bit of a shake up later this week.
Tomorrow is my last Lupron shot (only two of these left!). Wednesday night I will be starting PIO (progesterone in oil). While the Lupron was to keep my body from ovulating, the progesterone is to make my body think I did ovulate so it’s ready to accept the embryo. Those are also hip/IM injections like the delestrogen, but these will be every night.
I go in for a blood test on Thursday morning to check my estrogen and progesterone levels. As long as that all looks good I will continue the PIO and start Doxycycline and Medrol that evening (an antibiotic and a steroid). I will continue those two meds in the morning and evening through the day of the transfer. The delestrogen will continue on Mondays and Fridays. The aspirin and prenatals will still be taken everyday.
I’m a little nervous about the PIO because it can be more painful to inject and cause knots to develop. I think it has more to do with the fact that you do them every night instead of twice a week like the delestrogen. Repeatedly injecting the same place, even with rotating sides, is bound to make the area sore. I was trying to think about how I will do them when I have to do PIO and delestrogen on the same night. I think I will do them on opposite sides and have the delestrogen go on the side the PIO was the night before so that I don’t do PIO in the same side two days in a row. Keeping track of all that may be a hassle and I will not be surprised if I mess it up LOL
That’s where we’re at this week. I’m so excited to be moving on to the next meds even if I’m a little nervous about the PIO.
I haven’t heard anything about travel plans yet. I’m not sure if our coordinator at the agency will book soon or wait until after the blood test on Thursday. I’m okay either way, although it would make it easier with more notice. I totally understand wanting to wait until we’re for sure going in next Tuesday before booking. Otherwise you’re out the airfare money for two people.
I was trying to think if anything could pop up on the blood test on Thursday that would cause them to cancel the cycle. The only thing I could think of would be if my levels show that I ovulated. When I was in for the lining check on Friday my ovaries were nice and quiet with no signs of my body wanting to ovulate. I’m still taking the Lupron so I really can’t imagine something changing between now and then. Other than that, if either hormone level isn’t where they want it to be they would just adjust the dosage. I’m feeling pretty confident that we will get the go ahead to show up for transfer, but I will be holding my breath until the embryo is transferred and then again until the Beta test (blood pregnancy test) then again until heartbeat confirmation….basically I don’t relax a little until I can feel the baby moving LOL At least I know that about myself and am prepared to deal with it. It’s my type A personality that struggles with the unknowns. Again, choosing to be cautiously optimistic that we will get to transfer next week!